- Clean the scratched areas with a cloth soaked in warm water, and allow them to dry. Remove all debris from the scratches.
- Scoop a dime-sized amount of filler onto the edge of a wood trowel, and fill the scratches by smoothing the trowel at an angle across each scratch. Fill in the scratches to the same level as the table's surface.
- Wipe the excess filler away with a dry, clean, lint-free towel.
- Wipe a thin layer of wood sealer across the filled areas using the towel from Step 3. Use enough wood filler to create a slightly visible coat when first applied.
- Allow the wood sealer to dry according to package directions.
- Wipe the surface of the table with warm water and a few drops of food-safe cleaner. Once your table has dried, you can begin using it again.
Things You Will Need
- Two clean cloths
- Wood filler
- Plastic trowel
- Wood sealer
- Food-safe cleaner
- Seal the wood filler with clear nail polish if you desire.
- Use a plastic, rather than a metal, trowel to apply the wood filler, which will prevent any additional damage to the table's surface.
- Purchase a filler that matches your wood color.