- Consider the cleaning environment. Wood floors require different treatment than carpeting. Cleaning shag carpeting may require different vacuuming techniques than cleaning broadloom. A commercial vacuum cleaner should be able to scoop up coins or paper clips without jamming. A pet-store owner needs a vacuum that picks up pet hair easily while a child-care center operator requires a machine that takes on tough stains.
- Think about the features that are most important but don't forget about other factors such as the length of the cord and the location of local repair facilities.
- Do research online. Visit manufacturers' websites to compare features and read testimonials from customers. Visit online forums to get anecdotal information from customers. Visit reputable third-party websites such as Consumer Reports to get unbiased information on machines you are interested in.
- Go to a dealer and ask for a demonstration of several models. This will give you an opportunity to compare how each of the vacuum cleaners handles and allow you to compare noise levels.
- Consider renting before you buy. Once you have narrowed down your list of choices, contact a dealer and inquire about the cost of leasing a commercial vacuum.
- Inquire about warranty information for machines you are interested in. Make sure you clearly understand what the warranty covers and for how long.
- Consider your budget. Once you have compared features and functionality, buy the vacuum cleaner that has the most for your money.
How to Choose the Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
Selecting a vacuum cleaner for commercial use involves different criteria than choosing a machine intended for home use. A commercial vacuum cleaner will need a powerful motor as it will probably be used more often and in larger areas than a home vacuum. However, a small company with limited floor space will have different cleaning needs than a firm that spans several floors of an office building. Researching commercial vacuum cleaners may take a little effort but becoming an educated consumer helps you make the best choice for your money.