How to Replace the Oven Temprature Sensor on a Frigidaire Oven
The oven temperature sensor in a Frigidaire oven detects the temperature within the oven compartment. The sensor allows the oven controls to maintain the temperature set by the user. If the oven displays an F3 code, the temperature sensor may be faulty and require replacement. Replacement of the oven temperature sensor can be accomplished with a screwdriver and basic mechanical skills.
- Disconnect the power from the oven.
- Move the oven out away from the wall.
- Remove the two screws from the top of the back panel that hold the back panel to the body of the oven. Lift the back cover up and then remove it from the oven unit.
- Unplug the oven temperature sensor wire connector by depressing the connector lock tab with your fingers and then pulling off the connector.
- Remove the two screws holding the sensor bracket to the back wall of the oven. Remove the sensor.
- Insert the new sensor into the hole in the back wall of the oven.
- Reverse the disassembly procedure to install the new sensor.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips head screwdriver
- New oven temperature sensor
- How to Reset the Defrost Timer on a Kenmore
- How to Remove a Front Panel on a Dryer
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Oven Temp Sensor
- How to Change the Oven Light in a Whirlpool Range 465 Super Capacity Oven
- How to Change the Heating Element in an Amana Oven
- How to Replace the Evaporator Fan in a Sears Kenmore Elite Refrigerator