- Pre-drill the holes for the eye screws into the picture frame. The ideal area to pre-drill is one-third of the distance from the top of the picture. Note that most metal frames have eye screws already included with the picture frame, so you won't need to drill. If this is the case, skip to Step 3.
- Install the eye screws into the drilled holes using a screwdriver. Pull on them to make sure they are secure.
- Measure enough wire so that you have about one and a half times the distance between the two eye screws.
- Place the wire so that the line outside the frame is equal on both sides. Loop the wire twice around one of the eye screws, and then wrap any extra wire back around the eye screw once. Repeat this step for the other eye screw.
- Test the wire's tension by lifting up on it. The wire should not go up any further than the halfway mark of the picture frame.
- Hang the picture on the wall using a nail. Note that for heavy picture frames, you may need to hang the picture on a stud.
Things You Will Need
- Eye screws
- Hanging wire
- Picture frame
- You can use adhesive tape to further stabilize the picture.