Switching to Generator
- Hook up the generator to the transfer switch using the cord provided.
- Move your transfer switch to the off position and shut off all breakers.
- Start your generator and bring it up to speed. If it has an output switch, turn it on.
- Turn your transfer switch to the generator position.
- Turn on breakers for everything you want to power in your house. Be sure not to overload your generator.
- Shut off all breakers to prevent damage from surging.
- Move your transfer switch to the normal position to connect your house to commercial power. Turn on breakers for normal power.
- Shut down your generator.
- Remove the cord and store it with the generator.