How to Remove Red Wine Stains With Peroxide
Red wine stains are difficult to remove from fabric, but there is a formula for a simple, safe, organic home remedy that you can whip up in minutes to erase the unsightly red stain and make your fabric look like new.
Soak up the puddle of spilled red wine with a dry cloth or paper towels.
Mix 1 cup of plain tap water with ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide. Add a few drops of liquid dish-washing detergent. Pour into a spray bottle, and shake well.
Spray the solution directly onto the red wine stain. The hydrogen peroxide solution bleaches out the color of the wine. Once the stain is clear, use a shampoo or wet-vac machine to remove the peroxide from your carpet or upholstery. Blot the area with a dry towel, and then repeat the wash-and-blot process two more times. If the red wine has spilled on your clothing, then wash it immediately.
Things You Will Need
- 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 1 cup plain tap water
- Liquid dish-washing detergent
- Shampoo or wet-vac machine
- Dry towels
- This homemade stain remover also works on coffee and tea stains.
- If you do not wash out the hydrogen peroxide immediately, it will bleach the color from the stained fabric.