How to Find a Good Cleaning Service
There are plenty of cleaning services available, but finding a good one can be challenging. The cleaning service that is least expensive may not be the best candidate for your home. Perhaps their work is sloppy or unorganized. Likewise, the most expensive cleaning services may not make your house look pristine. Their employees may be careless with your belongings or rude to your children. Finding the perfect cleaning service for your home may take a while, but will be well worth the effort you exert to find the right company for the job.
Finding a Good Cleaning Service
- Determine exactly what you are looking for. You can hire someone to clean for you one time or on a regular basis. You also have the option of hiring a cleaning company or an individual cleaning person. Hiring a company is best if you have a large area you need cleaned just once. Hiring an individual is a good idea if you want regular cleaning, as it will allow you to get to know the person well.
- Decide your budget. The first time your home is cleaned will generally be the most expensive visit because the cleaner will have to do a "deep cleaning." Later visits will typically be less expensive since the cleaner will just be doing maintenance work.
- Find a service you want to use. You can ask friends for recommendations or flip through the phone book for names of cleaning service businesses. Individuals who clean homes may post ads in the classifieds section of your local newspaper.
- Call to set up an appointment. Most cleaning services will want to meet with you and see your home before giving you a price quote. Be sure to mention your budget to avoid scheduling an appointment with a company that is out of your price range. This will save you both time.
- Find out if they are insured. Be sure to inquire as to whether or not your cleaning service is insured or bonded. Repair Home notes, "It may not seem important, but it is worthwhile to check whether the maid service you decide to use is insured or bonded. While an uninsured cleaning service may give you the same level of cleaning, with an insured maid service you have a guarantee that, if anything happens, you won't be held accountable." Finding an insured company is important in case an item in your home breaks during cleaning or in case the person cleaning your home is accidentally injured.
- Interview your cleaners and have them evaluate your home. The person or company cleaning your home will want to do a walk-through. They will estimate the cost to clean your home based on the size of your home, number of rooms to be cleaned, and amount of cleaning to be done. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, such as how long it will take to clean your home, whether you will have the same person cleaning each time, and cancellation policies.