How to Clean Beadboard Around a Sink
Beadboard, commonly used in bathrooms, can get dirty behind a sink, especially when painted a light color. It is made of wood and must be treated carefully as to avoid scratching the surface.
- Spray the area to be cleaned with the mild cleaner. Allow to sit and penetrate for a minute or two.
- Use the non-abrasive sponge to wash the area. The used dryer sheet is useful if there is some scrubbing needed as it provides a light abrasion but not enough to harm the surface.
- Use the soft toothbrush in between the grooves of the beadboard if necessary. The sponge may not reach the grooves.
- Wash the surface with clean, warm water to get rid of any leftover cleaner and dirt.
Things You Will Need
- Mild bathroom cleaner such as Comet Bathroom Spray
- Soft, non-abrasive sponge or used dryer sheet
- Soft toothbrush
- When using a dryer sheet, make sure it is used. New sheets have fabric softener on them and will not work.