- Turn off the water to your plumbing or the area where you'll be working.
- Remove the compression nut and ferrule from each end of the connector and hold it against the copper fitting.
- Cut the copper pipe with a hacksaw to remove the leaky fitting. Smooth each end of the pipe with fine-grade sandpaper.
- Insert a compression nut and ferrule onto the end of each pipe. The ferrule goes between the compression nut and the connector. Hold the compression nut with one wrench while you hold the fixed nut on the end of the connector.Tighten the compression nut to pull the pipes together.
- Turn the water on. If there are any leaks, tighten the compression nuts as you did before with the two wrenches.
How to Fix Leaks in Copper Pipe Fittings
To repair a leaking copper pipe fitting you can use a plumbing connector such as a compression fitting. Compression fittings are used to connect copper tubing that you often find behind your refrigerator. Compression fittings are couplings that are used to connect two copper pipes or a pipe to a fixture or valve.This is an easy-to-install connector that comes in a variety of diameters.
Things You Will Need
- How to Install Plumbing in a House
- How to Connect Brass Fittings
- How to Loosen PVC Pipe
- How to Use Poly Tubing in Underground Sprinkler Systems
- How to Replace a Leaky Outdoor Faucet
- How to Repair a Cast Iron Soil Pipe
- How to Tighten Galvanized Pipe
- How to Glue Flexible PVC Pipes
- How to Remove Mineral Deposits From a Faucet
- How to Attach a New Pipe to the Main Sewer Line
- How to Fix a Moen Renzo One Handle Kitchen Pullout Faucet
- How to Join a CPVC Pipe to a Galvanized Metal Water Pipe
- How to Remove Rust From an Axe
- How to Replace a Sink Trap