- Load the clothing you wish to bleach in the washing machine with your normal detergent.
- Turn on the machine and let it complete the wash cycle.
- Pour 1/2 cup of lemon juice into the washing machine during the rinse cycle. Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. Allow the machine to finish the cycle.
- Remove the clothing items from the washing machine and hang them on an outdoor clothesline in direct sunlight. The sun will naturally whiten the clothing as it dries.
Things You Will Need
- Washing machine
- Laundry detergent
- Lemon juice
- Air drying your clothing has the added benefit of eliminating the energy required to run your clothes dryer.