- Fill a spray bottle with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.
- Spray surfaces with the hydrogen peroxide, then wipe with a damp sponge.
- Fill another spray bottle with 1 qt. warm water.
- Add 1/4 cup vinegar to the water.
- Pour 2 tbsp. lemon juice into the spray bottle.
- Spray the same surfaces with the vinegar mixture, then wipe with a damp sponge.
How to Use Vinegar to Disinfect
Grocery stores have an aisle of filled with different types and brands of disinfectants and cleaners. Before these cleaners were created, some women turned to vinegar for disinfecting kitchens and bathrooms. According to Tau Topics, a food scientist named Susan Sumner still recommends a combination of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide for sanitizing surfaces.
Things You Will Need
- How to Add Texture to Painted Walls
- How to Convert Gauge Thickness to Millimeters
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Buy Railroad Ties
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- Homemade Pipe-Cleaning Solution
- How to Clean a Carpet With Simple Green
- How to Kill Mold & Mildew in Showers Without Bleach
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove Rust From a Stainless Steel Sink
- How to Remove Mildew Stains From Fiberglass Bathtubs
- How to Reverse the Direction of a Fan
- How to Get Rid of Mildew Stains From Material and Plastic