- Fill a spray bottle with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.
- Spray surfaces with the hydrogen peroxide, then wipe with a damp sponge.
- Fill another spray bottle with 1 qt. warm water.
- Add 1/4 cup vinegar to the water.
- Pour 2 tbsp. lemon juice into the spray bottle.
- Spray the same surfaces with the vinegar mixture, then wipe with a damp sponge.
How to Use Vinegar to Disinfect
Grocery stores have an aisle of filled with different types and brands of disinfectants and cleaners. Before these cleaners were created, some women turned to vinegar for disinfecting kitchens and bathrooms. According to Tau Topics, a food scientist named Susan Sumner still recommends a combination of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide for sanitizing surfaces.