How to Clean Bamboo Products
Bamboo is an increasingly popular material used in cutting boards, flooring, furniture, window blinds and a number of other household products. Cleaning bamboo products requires little more than a soft cloth, sponge or mop, some water and a mild cleaning agent such as dish detergent, and a vacuum cleaner. Bamboo can be cleaned as often as necessary. Always read any instructions included with the product for more specific details regarding cleaning.
- Dust the bamboo using a feather duster for blinds, a dry mop for floors or a soft cloth for any other bamboo products. Vacuum cleaners with a padded cleaning head or hose extension are also acceptable for removing dust from bamboo products.
- Dampen a soft cloth, sponge or mop and wipe the bamboo clean. Take care not to use excessive amounts of water, as this could damage the bamboo. Use a mild cleaning agent such as dish detergent if the bamboo is excessively dirty.
- Dry the bamboo completely using a soft cloth or dry mop.
Things You Will Need
- Feather duster
- Soft cloth
- Mild detergent
- Certain bamboo kitchen utensils or products may be dishwasher safe. These products are usually made up of a single piece of bamboo rather than several glued together. Read the packaging carefully to be sure.
- Don't let water or any other liquids sit on the bamboo too long to avoid damage.