Fresh Coffee Stains
- Rinse the coffee stain under cold water on both sides of the shirt.
- Blot the coffee stain from the shirt using a clean, soft cloth or a heavyweight paper towel.
- Gently dab the other side of the shirt with another clean, soft cloth.
- Apply a mild dish detergent to the coffee stain and rub it into the shirt gently, using your fingers.
- Treat the stain using a pre-wash stain remover and launder as soon as possible. Let the shirt air dry.
Old Coffee Stains
- Mix together 1 tsp. of white vinegar and 1 quart of cold water.
- Sponge the mixture onto the coffee-stained shirt and wipe clean. Alternatively, sprinkle baking soda onto the shirt and rub with a damp cloth. Wipe clean or rinse.
- Launder as usual and let air dry.