How Do I Remove Coffee Stains From a Shirt?
While drinking coffee is a great way to wake up in the morning or throughout the day, the occasional spill is often unavoidable and can stain if left to set. Spilling coffee on your shirt can be annoying, especially if you are at work and have no way of attending to it immediately. Coffee stains are removable provided you attend to them soon after the spill.
Fresh Coffee Stains
- Rinse the coffee stain under cold water on both sides of the shirt.
- Blot the coffee stain from the shirt using a clean, soft cloth or a heavyweight paper towel.
- Gently dab the other side of the shirt with another clean, soft cloth.
- Apply a mild dish detergent to the coffee stain and rub it into the shirt gently, using your fingers.
- Treat the stain using a pre-wash stain remover and launder as soon as possible. Let the shirt air dry.
Old Coffee Stains
- Mix together 1 tsp. of white vinegar and 1 quart of cold water.
- Sponge the mixture onto the coffee-stained shirt and wipe clean. Alternatively, sprinkle baking soda onto the shirt and rub with a damp cloth. Wipe clean or rinse.
- Launder as usual and let air dry.