- Vacuum the sofa bed while it's closed with hose extension of your vacuum cleaner. Vacuum all surfaces, including crevices, thoroughly.
- Open your sofa bed and remove the mattress and bedding. Wash the bedding in your washing machine with regular clothes detergent.
- Repeat the vacuuming process with the opened bed, making sure to get to all of the crevices.
- Take your mattress outside and use a broom to beat the dust out of it. This is the most effective method for getting dust out of your sofa bed mattress.
- Clean up any spills or accidents with an organic, non-toxic cleanser. This type of cleanser is safe to use on the upholstery of your sofa bed.
How to Clean a Sofa Bed
Your household likely has a variety of different surfaces and upholstery. With multiple types of furniture, you may need to employ cleaning techniques that are different from what you're used to. If you've never had a sofa bed, you should understand that this takes a different cleaning process than a standard sofa. You need to make sure all of the areas of your sofa bed get thoroughly cleaned to keep your sofa bed in top condition.