How Do I Clean a Mattress With White Vingar?
Since you spend one-third of your life on a mattress, it's inevitable that stains will appear over time. The most common stains found on mattresses are blood, urine, coffee and other beverages. Clean and disinfectant the mattress without using strong chemicals, which can be harmful to both the mattress and your health, where you sleep. White distilled vinegar is effective for not only removing stains, but killing germs, mold, bacteria and removing unpleasant odors.
- Remove all bedding from your mattress, such as blankets, pillows, sheets, pillows and the mattress pad.
- Vacuum all the surfaces of your mattress, including the sides, top and bottom.
- Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar. Spray the vinegar on any mattress stains and soiled spots. Blot the area with a clean towel and allow to dry.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the entire mattress. Allow the baking soda and white vinegar to set on the mattress for at least two hours.
- Vacuum up the baking soda from your mattress. Use a brush attachment to remove any caked on baking soda. Blot any excess white vinegar from the mattress with a towel.
- Before cleaning your mattress, check the manufacturer's tags on your mattress for any cautions and warnings to avoid damaging the mattress.