- Check the wall socket where the heating blanket is plugged in. Make sure the blanket is plugged in fully. If the wall socket is attached to a wall switch or light dimmer, check that the switch is in the "On" position and the dimmer switch is turned up all the way. If it's still not working, plug the blanket into a different outlet to make sure it's not the outlet itself causing the problem.
- Turn the blanket around to find the plug and cord off the blanket heating coils. Push the plug and coil together to make sure the connection is solid.
- Pick up the heat control dial and make sure it's turned to the "On" position and that your setting is at the desired rate of heat.
How to Troubleshoot a Sealy Heating Blanket
When the mercury in the thermometer drops and nights get chilly, electric heating blankets are an option. Sealy, a company which produces beds, mattresses and sleeping accoutrements, offers a variety of electric heating blankets. If your Sealy heating blanket is not working to your liking, troubleshoot the device using some tips and techniques.
- How to Install a Propane Heating Stove
- How to Reattach a Dryer Vent Tube
- What Happens With a Bad Thermostat in a Clothes Dryer?
- Why a Clothes Dryer Won't Heat
- Trane Heat Pump Troubleshooting
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- Troubleshooting a Kenmore Chest Freezer that Stops Freezing
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Test a Refrigerator Baffle
- My Dryer Gets Very Hot & Smells Burned
- Kenmore 80 Series Electric Dryer Won't Start
- How to Tell if Your Wine Cooler Is Busted
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How to Replace a Thermal Fuse in an Admiral Capacity Plus Dryer