- Lay a dry cloth or paper towel over the oil spot to remove any oil sitting on top of the surface. Do not rub, just allow the oil to be absorbed, replacing the cloth or paper towel as necessary.
- Sprinkle a heavy layer of clay cat litter, which will absorb oil from the tarmac. Allow it to absorb for several hours. If clay cat litter isn't available, use another absorbent material such as talc powder.
- Sweep the cat litter into a dustpan and discard. If the oil stain still remains, squirt it with dish soap.
- Scrub the stain with dish soap using a scrub brush. Do not scrub outside of the stained area, and do not add water while scrubbing.
- Rinse well with water after the surface has been well-scrubbed. If the oil stain remains, allow the spot to dry, then scrub with dish soap again. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
Things You Will Need
- Cloths or paper towels
- Clay cat litter
- Talc powder (optional)
- Dish soap
- Scrub brush
- Avoid adding water until after the stain has been scrubbed with soap.