- Wipe dust from the furniture with a clean cloth.
- Place 1/4 inch of toothpaste onto a damp cloth. Gently rub the paste into the water stain using small, rotating motions.
- Wipe the paste from the furniture with a clean end of the damp cloth. If the water mark remains, apply additional toothpaste to the stain. Continue rubbing and inspecting the stain until removed from the furniture.
- Spray the surface with a furniture spray to restore any oils stripped during the stain removal process. Wipe the spray from the furniture with a soft cloth.
- Place 1 tsp. of mayonnaise on the water stain.
- Rub the mayonnaise gently into the stain. You may add 1 tsp. of cooled ashes from a cigar or cigarette to the mayonnaise to provide a slight abrasive action.
- Wipe the mayonnaise mixture from the furniture with a damp cloth. Apply additional mayonnaise if the stain remains. Continue adding, rubbing and removing the mayonnaise until the stain lifts completely from the furniture.
- Spray the furniture with polish, and wipe clean with a soft cloth.
Things You Will Need
- Non-gel toothpaste
- Furniture polish spray
- Cigar or cigarette ashes
- If you do not have cigar or cigarette ashes, use the mayonnaise without them.