- Turn off the water to the tub faucet by closing the home's main water valve.
- Take the handle off the faucet by taking out the screw in the base of the faucet handle with an Allen wrench and pulling the handle off.
- Unscrew the two screws in the side of the trim and pull off the trim. Pull off the dome cap cover around the base of the faucet and unscrew the three screws in the cartridge.
- Pull the cartridge out along with the three round gaskets under it and replace them with new ones from your Eljer faucet repair kit (must match your faucet's make and model). Tighten the screws to install the new cartridge.
- Replace the cap cover and trim and install the two trim screws. Slide the handle back onto the stem of the cartridge and tighten the screw at the base with your Allen wrench.
Things You Will Need
- Allen wrench
- Screwdriver or large pliers
- Eljer faucet repair kit
- Replace the trim or handle with brand new Eljer parts when you reassemble the faucet during this repair to completely update the faucet, and repair damage to these parts.