- Measure the space from the top of the armoire to the ceiling. Avoid using items that reach all the way to the ceiling or the space will look overcrowded instead of appealing. Leave at least 12 inches of open space.
- Hang a mirror or framed photo or artwork above the armoire if there's a lot of wall space above the furniture.
- Choose a single large object, such as a vase, sculpture or houseplant or group a few items together. Common items include three vases, large pillar candles, floral arrangements, models or framed pictures. If you hang something above the armoire, the other accessories should not interfere with the view of the hanging item.
How to Decorate Above a TV Armoire
Armoires are ideal for hiding a TV when you only want it to be visible when you're using it. They also provide ample storage space for DVDs, other media equipment or whatever you want to keep handy but out of sight. Decorate around the armoire, such as utilizing the top of the armoire, so it's not just a bulky piece of furniture in the room.
- Avoid overloading the armoire with heavy objects, as they can cause damage to your cabinet or TV.
- How to Remove Heavy Rust
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- Homemade Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner
- Decorating & Arranging Mirrors on Wall
- How to Organize a Mobile Home
- How to Decorate a Bedroom in Peacock Colors
- Interior Design Ideas for Townhouses
- Bedroom Ideas for 5-Year-Old Boys
- How to Decorate a Coffee Themed Kitchen
- How to Calculate Cooling BTUs
- Instructions on How to Install Anchor Bolts