- Remove the batteries from the remote control. This will eliminate the risk of damaging the batteries or accidentally changing the operation of the TV during the cleaning process.
- Dip a cotton swab into a bottle of rubbing alcohol or some other type of cleaning solution. Do not fully immerse the cotton swab -- just get a little of the solution on the tip.
- Rub the cleaning solution around the entire front of the remote. Get in between all the buttons on the front. Let the remote dry for up to to five minutes.
How to Clean a TV Remote
Just like a computer keyboard, a television remote is a hub for germs and other micro-organisms that can very easily make you sick if you're not careful. TV remotes should be cleaned periodically, especially if many different people use it on any kind of regular basis. The job requires a little bit of rubbing alcohol, a standard cotton swab, and just a few minutes of time.
Things You Will Need
- How to Connect a Hitachi DVI Television to an HDMI Receiver
- How to Clean Your Black & White Vans Shoes
- How to Troubleshoot Thermostat Batteries
- How to Change a Thermador Double Oven Clock
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Change a Code for a DSC Alarm
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Remove a Panel on a Kenmore Series 80 Electric Dryer
- How to Fix a Craftsman Garage Door Remote That Won't Work
- What Does the Sleep Button on an Alarm Clock Do?
- How to Run a Chest Freezer on 12V
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off