- Clean the housing of the ironer with a soft cloth and an all-purpose spray cleaner to remove dust and soil. Disposable cleaning cloths or soft paper towels are convenient for this purpose.
- Locate the oil drain on the machine using the manufacturer's manual, if possible. The drain is usually located on the lower right side above the table. Open the drain and catch the used oil either in a plastic container or with disposable cloths. Soak up any remaining oil before continuing.
- Add no more than six ounces of lightweight gear oil, SAE 50, to the gearbox. Such oil can be purchased in an auto supply store or discount store. 3-in-1 all purpose oil is suggested as a suitable substitute for the original oil
- Clean the machine housing again, removing any trace of the new or old oil. Keep the ironer surfaces clean in order to prevent soiling of laundry.
Things You Will Need
- Ironrite Mangle Ironer
- All-purpose spray cleaner
- Disposable cloths or towels
- Disposable plastic container
- 6 ounces lightweight oil, SAE 50
- Keep the Ironrite machine upright when moving it unless the oil has been drained. Tilting the machine will cause the oil to spill.
- Change the oil in the Ironrite only once every two or three years unless it is heavily used.