How to Use a Carbon Monoxide Detector
According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, each year more than 150 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a gas that invades your home through fuel-burning appliances, poorly ventilated fireplaces and generators. Installing carbon monoxide detectors can signal when the odorless and colorless gas has entered your home. Due to the deadly nature of this gas, many states require homes to have carbon monoxide detectors. To protect yourself and your family, consider placing detectors around your home.