How to Color Bathtub Water
Tinted bathtub water can be fun no matter how old you are. With the correct ingredients, you do not have to worry that your skin may become dyed or that your bathtub will stain. Making your own bathtub water tint can be a fun activity for children and produce an inexpensive gift.
- Measure out your ingredients. You will need 3 cups of baking soda, 1 1/2 cups of citric acid, 2 cups of cornstarch, 3 cc of the fragrance oil of your choice and .15 cc of powdered water-soluble dye. If you do not want to have a scented bath, do not add the fragrance oil. Powdered water-soluble dyes come in a variety of colors.
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Measure out portions of about 1/4 cup to1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into separate sealable bags to store or give as gifts.
- Turn on the water to fill your bathtub.
- Pour 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of the mixture into the bath while the water is running to allow the mixture to dissolve into the water and release the color.
Things You Will Need
- Measuring cups
- Baking soda
- Citric acid
- Fragrance oil
- Powdered water-soluble dye
- Mixing bowl
- Sealable bags