- Measure out your ingredients. You will need 3 cups of baking soda, 1 1/2 cups of citric acid, 2 cups of cornstarch, 3 cc of the fragrance oil of your choice and .15 cc of powdered water-soluble dye. If you do not want to have a scented bath, do not add the fragrance oil. Powdered water-soluble dyes come in a variety of colors.
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Measure out portions of about 1/4 cup to1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into separate sealable bags to store or give as gifts.
- Turn on the water to fill your bathtub.
- Pour 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of the mixture into the bath while the water is running to allow the mixture to dissolve into the water and release the color.
How to Color Bathtub Water
Tinted bathtub water can be fun no matter how old you are. With the correct ingredients, you do not have to worry that your skin may become dyed or that your bathtub will stain. Making your own bathtub water tint can be a fun activity for children and produce an inexpensive gift.
Things You Will Need
- How to Wash Nylon
- How to Wash Scrubs
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- DIY: How to Remove Silicone Caulk
- How do I Choose Exterior Paint to Match the Bricks on a House?
- How to Make Enamel Paint Dull
- How to Get Mustard Out of Denim
- How to Get Rid of a Skunk Smell With Peroxide
- How to Dissolve Ink
- How to Remove Oil Stains From Tarmac
- How to Refinish Paint Chipping From a Bath Tub
- How to Remove Stains From Linen Clothing
- How to Remove Fungus From the Rubber Seal on a Washer