- Add to 2 tsp. of mild dish-washing liquid to a bowl. Mix in 1 cup of warm water.
- Dip a soft, lint-free cleaning cloth into the soapy solution. Dab the stain on the silk pillow with the cloth until the spot is damp but not soaked.
- Dampen a new cleaning cloth with warm water. Blot the stain with the cloth until it lifts from the pillow. Wet the cloth with cool water. Blot the stain with the cloth to remove soapy residue.
- Blot the wet spot with a dry cleaning cloth. Hang pillows on a clothesline to air-dry.
How to Spot Clean Silk Pillows
Silk is a fiber that comes in a variety of textures. It is ideal for a comfortable night's rest when used for pillows but is easy to ruin due to its fragile weave. Your silk pillows don't stand a chance if thrown into the washer, as the washing machine tends to be rough on the pillows even when set to delicate. Spot cleaning is the preferred cleaning method, as it lifts stains using a mild detergent and preserves the life of the pillows.
Things You Will Need
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Mold
- Kirby Upholstery Cleaning Instructions
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Remove Blood Stains From Silk Fabric
- How to Get Ink Off a Leather Sofa
- How to Clean a Baby Mattress
- How to Renew Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove Smoke Odors From a Room
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Steam Clean Pillows
- How Do You Clean Water Spots From Glass Table Tops?
- How to Protect a Leather Couch From the Sun
- How to Remove White Spots From Hardwood Floors
- How to Remove Coal Soot Stains From Cotton