- Fill a sink with warm water. Add a 2 tbsp. liquid laundry detergent. Scrub the detergent over the damaged clothes and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Fill the washing machine with warm water.
- Add bleach to the load of laundry according to the bleach manufacturer's recommendation. This will differ depending on the size of your washing machine, but generally use one-quarter cup of bleach per gallon of water.
- Put the clothes in the washing machine and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Add detergent to the water and wash the clothes as you normally would.
How to Remove Colors That Bled Onto Whites
If you accidentally wash a colored piece of clothing with your pile of white clothing, the white clothes can pick up the dye from the colored clothes. This can ruin some types of clothes but you can salvage others by treating them and washing them again. Do this as soon as possible and don't dry the clothes, as it will only set the dye and make it harder to remove.
Things You Will Need
- How to Remove Stains From Wood With Bleach
- How to Get Mustard Out of Denim
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Kill Mold & Mildew in Showers Without Bleach
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Clean a Stale Washing Machine
- How to Remove Stickers From Stoneware
- Homemade Lint Trap
- How to Wire a Char-Broil Ignitor
- How to Remove Heavy Rust
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Remove a Panel on a Kenmore Series 80 Electric Dryer
- How to Hide Plaster Cracks
- Homemade Pipe-Cleaning Solution