How to Keep Bugs Out of Garbage
There’s no doubt about it: bugs love garbage. Specifically, they love your garbage and often seem to wait for an opportunity to invade your home and investigate the food scraps you and your family have left them. If you don't take care of your garbage properly, it could lead to a bug infestation. Even one bug can lead to swarms invading your home. The solution is to keep bugs out of your garbage in the first place.
Line your garbage cans with plastic bags. When disposing of the bags outside, seal them tightly.
Cover outdoor garbage cans with tight-fitting lids to keep insects out.
Take out the trash daily. Do not leave full bags of trash in your home.
Clean up the area around your garbage cans. Standing water, other liquids and crumbs spilled around the garbage attract insects.
Rinse out containers thoroughly before throwing them in the trash. Sticky residue on a soda can, for example, is perfect bug bait.
Wipe down your garbage cans, both inside and out, to prevent the buildup of residue from food scraps and other garbage. This residue could attract insects and provide them with a food source.
- How to Keep Bugs, Wasps, Bees and Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard
- Homemade Glass Window Cleaner With Lemon Juice
- How to Kill Roaches Fast With a Fogger
- How to Remove Rust From a Stainless Steel Sink
- How to Make Window Cleaner Containing Corn Starch & Vinegar
- How to Clean Burnt Food in a Paderno Frying Pan