- Use a stud finder and pencil to locate and mark the studs in your wall. You want to attach the baseboard backings to the studs for a secure fitting.
- Place the Slant Fin baseboard units around the room in the areas where you want to install them. The bottom of each unit should be 3 inches off a bare floor and 4 inches up from a carpeted floor.
- Use a copper tube cutter to cut 3- or 4-inch pieces of copper heat-loop risers for each baseboard unit.
- Remove the backing from the baseboard units. Hammer 10d penny nails through the backings to the wall where the studs are located, inserting a nail into every two studs.
- Insert the copper heating elements into the baseboard backings. Solder the copper couplings and elbow fittings to connect each element with the soldering iron and solder. Solder the end of the copper tubing to the boiler outlet.
- Clip the covers and end caps onto the baseboard backings.
- Turn on the boiler so water flows into the heating elements. Check for leaks.
How to Install Slant/Fin 30 Baseboard
The Slant/Fin Fine/Line 30 baseboard heating system is a cost-effective way to heat the rooms in your home. Forced hot water baseboard heat is a heating method many homeowners rely upon. Hot water flows through pipes in the Slant/Fin baseboards, radiating warmth and moisture into the air. A boiler heats the water and sends it through pipes from heater to heater. Unless you are a certified plumber, you should not install the boiler yourself. However, you can install the baseboard system. Before installing your Slant/Fin baseboards, refer to the manufacturer's instructions for a diagram and information about various parts of the system.
Things You Will Need
- How to Install and Run a Splitter for Home Cable
- How to Vent a Tankless Water Heater
- How to Replace Steam Radiators With Forced Air
- How to Burglar-Proof a Window Air Conditioner
- Specifications of the Jotul 8
- How to Tell What Size AC Unit You Need
- How to Estimate Base Trim for a House
- How to Bypass the Thermostat on a Hot Tub
- How to Winterize Home Baseboard Heating
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Electric Baseboard Heaters
- How to Change the Heating Element on a Kenmore 80 Series 64892 Dryer
- How to Convert 110 Volt to 18 Volt
- How to Install a Propane Heating Stove
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters