- Use a cloth or a towel to clean the surface of the plasterboard as well as the back of the item you will be gluing to the wall. Once the area is clean, apply a layer of adhesive primer to the plasterboard. Allow the primer to dry completely before continuing.
- Cut the nozzle of the end of the tube of Gripfill with a pair of scissors. Insert a nail into the nozzle to break the seal inside. Insert the tube into the extruder gun. Place the nozzle of the tube onto the back of the item you are gluing to the plaster board. Pull the trigger on the extruder gun and the adhesive will begin to flow out of the container.
- Apply a continuous bead of Gripfill onto the item you want to glue. Continue the bead of adhesive all the way around the edge of the item. Do not allow the Gripfill to go over the edge of the item and do not make the bead more than 1/4 inch in diameter.
- Press the object firmly against the plasterboard. Apply continuous pressure for several minutes until the item stays attached to the plasterboard. If you are hanging an item on a vertical sheet of plasterboard, insert nails or pins into it to keep it in place. Do not attempt to move the item for at least 24 hours while the Gripfill dries.
How to Use Gripfill on Plasterboard
Making repairs or renovating your home can be difficult if you don't have the right materials you need. Evo-Stik Gripfill is a rubber resin adhesive that you can use in your home to glue small decorative items to the walls in your home. This adhesive is designed to work with any rigid material, including plasterboard. Using Gripfill requires you to apply it to the back of the object you want to glue to the wall, such as a picture frame, set the object in place and allow it to dry.
Things You Will Need
- It is not recommended to use Gripfill to attach heavy items to plasterboard as the board may be too weak to support it. Do not glue items such as shelves that will hold heavy loads. Only glue small decorative items.