Black mold can be a serious threat to people with pulmonary problems such as asthma. It is important to clean up mold as soon as it is spotted.
There are several products used to take care of black mold.
Hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent used as a disinfectant. It is a stable agent and not dangerous to use for cleaning.
Unfortunately, it may be corrosive and can be somewhat expensive.
Hyopchlorites, or Clorox bleach, may be a good cleaning solution for black mold. It is inexpensive, but it must be used carefully as it is very corrosive, and researchers are conflicted about how effective it is against black mold spores.
Glutaraldehyde is a liquid normally used for tanning leather. It may be used for cleaning black mold.
Some disadvantages to using it are the irritating vapors and the toxicity to humans if ingested.
Iodophors are normally used as anti-infective agents. They are stable chemically, but can be expensive.
They are used to clean many types of molds, but may be inactive against specific types in certain environments.
Phenolics are used in many disinfectants for killing germs. They stick to the black mold well, which is good, but are toxic to humans and can be corrosive to the affected area.