Things You Will Need
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton swab
Leaky windows can allow water to seep in and sit on your window sill, leaving water stains that can be tough to remove. Minerals from the water can deposit onto your window sill if the water sits long enough, leaving hard water stains.
Using harsh chemicals can damage the wood on your sill, but you can use cleaning agents you have around your house to clean up window sill water stains safely.
- Rinse the window sill with warm soapy water.
- Wipe it dry with a clean lint free cloth.
- Use water to rinse the area and remove all of the soap.
- Mix equal parts of water and rubbing alcohol.
- Apply the mixture to the stain using a cotton swab. Scrub until the hard water stains on the window sill are gone.