Things You Will Need
- Melt-and-pour soap base
- Sharp knife
- Fragrance/essential oil
- Soap colorant
- Electric hand mixer/stick blender
Whipped soap leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth, but it is expensive to buy at a store. Make your own soap at home using a melt-and-pour base you can find at your local craft store.
Create homemade whipped soap in any fragrance or color in minutes.
- Cut the melt-and-pour soap base into small cubes, about one to two inches per side. Place the chunks of soap into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for one to two minutes, or until the soap is completely melted.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and allow the soap to cool for about one minute. Add fragrance oil or essential oil and soap colorant to the soap as desired.
- Mix the soap with an electric hand mixer or a stick blender on medium speed until the soap is bubbly and has doubled in size.
- Pour the whipped soap into a soap mold and allow it to harden overnight. Alternatively, you can put the mold in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the soap from the mold and slice it into bars. Feel free to use your soap right away, as melt-and-pour soap does not require curing time.