Things You Will Need
- Step ladder
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- 2 60-watt light bulbs
The Genie Screw Drive garage door opener is a convenient way to open and close your garage door without having to operate the door by hand. One of the features of the Genie Screw Drive opener is the lights on the front that stay on for a few minutes to allow you to see in the garage when you pull in at night.
Replacing a Genie Screw Drive bulb is straightforward, like changing out any other light bulb once you remove the lens cover.
- Position a step ladder under the front of your Genie Screw Drive garage door opener motor head. Remove the two screws at the top of the lens cover that secure the cover to the motor head with a Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Tilt the top of the lens cover away from the motor head and unhook the bottom tabs from the bottom edge of the opener head. Place the lens cover out of your way.
- Turn the two light bulbs counterclockwise with your hands to remove them from the sockets. Install two new 60 watt light bulbs into the sockets.
- Position the lower tabs of the lens cover into the slots on the bottom edge of the opener head. Push the top of the lens cover over the front of the head until the mounting holes on the cover line up with the holes on the opener head.
- Secure the top of the lens cover to the opener head with the two retaining screws.