Things You Will Need
- Spray bottle
- Liquid fabric cleaner
You spend a large portion of your life sleeping on your mattress. If you have chosen to sleep on a memory foam mattress, then you know that it is not like a standard mattress at all.
It’s made of a foam material that conforms to your shape and weight as you lie down. Theoretically, a memory foam mattress is better for the back and can help certain people receive a restful night’s sleep.
However, it will be difficult to rest easy if you neglect to clean and disinfect your foam mattress when it becomes necessary.
- Remove the cover of your memory foam mattress. Take the mattress outside and lay it on a plastic tarp. Make sure your hose is nearby.
- Fill a spray bottle with 2/3 water and 1/3 liquid fabric cleaner. Shake well and spray the entire mattress. Let the cleaning agent sit for about 30 minutes.
- Use your hose to thoroughly rinse the memory foam mattress. Apply firm pressure to the top of the mattress to remove excess liquid. Twisting or wringing the mattress will cause damage.
- Empty your spray bottle and fill it with equal parts of warm water and vinegar. Spray this cleaning solution on any stains or areas that have developed an unpleasant odor.
- Rinse the mattress using your hose again and dry as much as possible by pressing firmly on the top of the mattress.
- Let the memory foam mattress dry in the sun. This will further disinfect it. Don’t leave it out longer than necessary. Excessive sun exposure can cause damage.