Things You Will Need
- Plastic spoon
- Small container
- Liquid dish soap
- White cloths
- Dry-cleaning solvent
Chocolate is available in many forms, including chocolate bars and drinks. When consuming chocolate while relaxing on your couch, it is not uncommon for the chocolate to accidentally come in contact with the upholstery.
Chocolate will create unsightly stains on upholstered furniture and should be removed as soon as possible. The longer the chocolate sits on the couch the more difficult removal will be.
- Remove the excess chocolate off the couch by scraping with a plastic spoon. Discard the spoon and chocolate in the nearest trash can.
- Fill a small container with 2 cups of cool water. Add 1 tbsp. of liquid dish soap and mix with a spoon.
- Dampen a clean cloth in the mixture. Blot the chocolate stain with the cloth. Begin at the edge of the stain and work your way toward the middle. Continue blotting until all liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat Step 3 until the chocolate stain is no longer visible. Rinse the couch by blotting with a clean cloth dampened in cool water. Pat the area dry with a towel. Continue to the next step if the chocolate stain persists.
- Apply two to three drops of dry-cleaning solvent to a clean, white cloth. Blot the chocolate stain with the cloth until the chocolate stain is no longer present.