Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Dishwashing detergent
Light carpet can be very difficult to maintain. This is mostly because the lighter the carpet in your home, the more challenging it is to keep clean all the time.
Regular daily activities, such as drinking a morning glass of tea, put your light colored carpet at risk for a very serious stain. If you do get a tea stain on your light colored carpet, then you should act fast to get the stain out.
- Put a clean cloth over the tea on your carpet if it’s still wet. Press into the cloth as firmly as you can and continue to do so using dry areas of the cloth. This will remove the tea that has not yet dried on the carpet.
- Rinse the tea stain with plain water. Pour the water onto your carpet, being careful not to saturate it.
- Press a new clean cloth into the carpet to remove the water. Continue to press dry areas of the cloth until the area is almost dry. Much of the tea stain will have been removed with the water.
- Get out a small bucket to make a cleaning solution if you can still see the tea stain on your light carpet. The cleaning solution should consist of 1 tbsp. of white vinegar, 1 tbsp. of dishwashing detergent and 2 cups of water.
- Wet a new cloth with this cleaning solution and press it firmly into the carpet repeatedly. Again, dry the area with a dry cloth to remove the liquidalong with the stain.
- Run a clean cloth under the faucet to get it wet and press it into your light colored carpet. This will rinse away the cleaning solution. Press with a clean cloth to dry the area.