Things You Will Need
- Butter knife
- 1 tbsp. liquid dishwashing soap
Honey brings a natural sweetness to desserts, tastes great in a cup of hot tea, and can be delicious on bread or toast. However, honey on the carpet isn't as much fun.
Honey is very sticky and you may think if it ends up on your carpet it won't come off, but if you get to the stain as soon as possible it shouldn't be a problem.
- Remove as much honey as you can from the carpet by using a butter knife to lift as much of the excess honey as possible.
- Make a cleaning solution by combining 1 tbsp. of liquid dish soap with 2 cups of warm water.
- Scrub the stain with the cleaning solution and a clean sponge. Keep scrubbing until the honey is gone. The warm water should help dissolve the honey to make it easier to come off the carpet, and the soap will allow for removal of the stain.
- Apply some cold water with the sponge and remove the excess soap. Repeat as necessary.
- Blot the wet area with a soft cloth until it is dry.