Things You Will Need
- Broom and dustpan or vacuum
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- Coconut husk brush
The coconut is one of the most versatile agricultural products on earth. Aside from using the coconut juice for beverages, sauces and ice cream, coconut husks are a material for floor mats, mattress and upholstery stuffing; in shoe brushes; in potting mixtures and are used to burn charcoal.
While it may seem far-fetched, you can use the coconut husks to clean and polish your floors. If you have access to or have received a coconut husk brush, your floors will thank you for putting it to use.
- Relocate as much lightweight furniture as you can. Stack lighter chairs on the dining room table, desk chairs on desks. Your goal is to expose as much of the floor as possible.
- Sweep or vacuum your floor, sucking up dust and dirt before you begin the polishing process.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup beeswax and place it in the center of your floor. Distribute the beeswax evenly around the surface area of your floor with the coconut husk brush. Add more beeswax to your floor if it starts spreading way too thin.
- Rub the coconut husk brush around the surface area of your floor. This will grind in the beeswax and bring your floor to an enviable shine.
You can use this technique on laminate, wood and tile floors.