How to Reset the Filter in a Honeywell Portable Air Cleaner
Many respiratory illnesses, such as asthma, may become worse when breathing in air pollutants. Honeywell manufactures portable air purifiers that remove pollutants from the air. The filters on Honeywell air purifiers are monitored by the machine to alert users when a filter needs to be changed.
When a new filter is placed into the machine, you must reset the filter indicator to ensure the machine properly monitors the filter's effectiveness.
Unplug the purifier from the power outlet before opening the machine.
Unscrew the cap on the side of the purifier and remove the filter cover from the case.
Slide the old filter out of the unit and remove the pre-filter that is wrapped around the filter. The pre-filter can be used with the new filter. Dispose of the old filter.
Wrap the pre-filter around the new filter, slide it back in the purifier base and secure the cover on the base of the purifier.
Reset the filter indicator by pressing and holding the "Filter Monitor" button until the indicator light shuts off. You are now ready to use your air purifier as normal.
The Drip Cap
- Many respiratory illnesses, such as asthma, may become worse when breathing in air pollutants.
- The filters on Honeywell air purifiers are monitored by the machine to alert users when a filter needs to be changed.
- Unscrew the cap on the side of the purifier and remove the filter cover from the case.
- Honeywell Enviracaire Portable HEPA Air Cleaners Owner's Guide for Model Series 17000 Air Cleaners; Honeywell Inc.; 1999
- Use & Care Guide Download
William Pullman is a freelance writer from New Jersey. He has written for a variety of online and offline media publications, including "The Daily Journal," "Ocular Surgery News," "Endocrine Today," radio, blogs and other various Internet platforms. Pullman holds a Master of Arts degree in Writing from Rowan University.
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner
- How to Turn off the Reset Mode on a Holmes Humidifier
- How to Change a Kitchenaid Refrigerator Water Filter
- Replacing the Filter in a Bryant Plus 80 Gas Furnace
- Instructions for a Disney Ultrasonic Winnie the Pooh Humidifier
- Instructions for a Naturalaire Furnace Filter