How to Troubleshoot a Holmes Air Purifier
Holmes air purifiers are designed to help improve air quality but if yours isn't working properly, you'll need to troubleshoot for issues common to most air purifiers. The two problems you will commonly face with a Holmes air purifier are the unit not operating and decreased air flow. These air purifiers contain either a HEPA or carbon filter, or use both types. Keep filters on hand to replace them regularly; you'll prevent or solve many issues when you regularly replace the air purifier's filters.
Change the filter when the filter life indicator light switches to red. Pull the filter out. Insert the new filter in its place. Press the "Reset" button to reset the filter life indicator light.
Plug the unit into a 120-volt electrical outlet and firmly close the purifier's door if the unit will not operate. Turn the control knob to "On" and select a speed to attempt to turn on the purifier.
Check the air inlets for blockages and clear them if you notice decreased air flow.
Wash the air inlet grill in warm soapy water after removing it from the air purifier if you notice a buildup of dust and dirt, or decreased air flow. Allow it to dry thoroughly before replacing it. Clean the outlet grills with a soft brush if you notice dirt or dust buildup.
Things You Will Need
- HEPA filter
- Carbon filter
- Replace HEPA filters approximately every 12 to 18 months; replace carbon filters approximately every three to six months. Filter life depends on air quality and how much you use the purifier.
- Never block the purifier's air openings or place it on a soft surface where it could fall over and block the air intake openings.
- Do not use near water.
- Unplug the air purifier before changing the filters.
- Never insert objects into any of the air purifier's openings.
- Do not use outdoors.
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner
- My Kenmore Window Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling
- How to Change a Bionaire Humidifier Filter
- How to Clean the Air Intake Screen of an A.O. Smith ProMax Water Heater
- How to Clean a Central Air Conditioner Unit
- How to Remove Rust Stains From Upholstery