How to Clean the Air Intake Screen of an A.O. Smith ProMax Water Heater
The air intake screen on ProMax water heaters allows proper air circulation within the unit that is vital to efficient operation. Visually inspect the air intake screen periodically to check for lint buildup. Problems with the water heater can indicate a clogged air intake, including a burner that will not remain lit for prolonged periods. The air intake screen does not need to be removed for cleaning.
Locate the air intake screen at the base of the water tank on the front of the unit. Wipe the screen with a paper towel dampened with water to remove excess dust build-up.
Connect a brush attachment to a vacuum and turn the vacuum on.
Run the vacuum brush back and forth across the air intake screen. Allow the bristles of the brush to slightly penetrate the screen to loosen dust and lint.
Things You Will Need
- Paper towel
- Brush attachment
- How to Clean an Edenpure Manual Air Purifier
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner
- How to Clean a Central Air Conditioner Unit
- How to Remove Salt Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove Crayon From a Computer Monitor Screen
- How to Check the High Limit Switch on a Trane