How to Clean the Air Intake Screen of an A.O. Smith ProMax Water Heater
The air intake screen on ProMax water heaters allows proper air circulation within the unit that is vital to efficient operation. Visually inspect the air intake screen periodically to check for lint buildup. Problems with the water heater can indicate a clogged air intake, including a burner that will not remain lit for prolonged periods. The air intake screen does not need to be removed for cleaning.
Locate the air intake screen at the base of the water tank on the front of the unit. Wipe the screen with a paper towel dampened with water to remove excess dust build-up.
Connect a brush attachment to a vacuum and turn the vacuum on.
Run the vacuum brush back and forth across the air intake screen. Allow the bristles of the brush to slightly penetrate the screen to loosen dust and lint.
Connecticut-based Stacy Morgan began writing for eHow in 2009. Morgan graduated from the Porter and Chester Institute of Technology with a certification in architectural drafting.
- Photos.com/Photos.com/Getty Images
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Intrusion Detection System?
- How to Clean a Lumipure Air Cleaner
- How to Unlock the Screen on a Honeywell TH8320
- How to Remove Screens From Milgard Windows
- How to Troubleshoot a Danby DDR586R Dehumidifier
- How do I Unlock the Digital Display on a Honeywell RTH8500 Thermostat?