How do I Unlock the Digital Display on a Honeywell RTH8500 Thermostat?
The digital display on your Honeywell RTH8500 thermostat could become locked for a number of reasons. Fortunately, this problem is usually easy to solve. By following the steps below, you should be able to unlock the display and restore the thermostat to its normal state.
Remove the thermostat from its base and replace the batteries. To remove the thermostat, grasp it at the edges and pull toward you. The batteries are on the back of the thermostat housing. If this doesn’t unlock the touch screen, continue to the next step.
Check that the furnace’s fuse is not blown or that the circuit breaker is not tripped. Replace a blown fuse or reset a tripped circuit breaker, and try the thermostat again.
Press the “Screen” button on the touch screen, then wait for 30 seconds and press “Done.” In many cases, this will unlock the screen and the thermostat will be ready for normal use.
Wait five minutes for the compressor timer to reset if “Wait” is displayed on the screen. Then operate the system normally.
Replace the batteries at least once each year, preferably before the start of the heating season. Rechargeable batteries are typically a lower voltage than alkaline batteries and may not be compatible with your thermostat. If the above steps don’t unlock the touch screen, call a repairman for further assistance.
Things You Will Need
- 3 AAA alkaline batteries
- Replace the batteries at least once each year, preferably before the start of the heating season.
- Rechargeable batteries are typically a lower voltage than alkaline batteries and may not be compatible with your thermostat.
- If the above steps don't unlock the touch screen, call a repairman for further assistance.
- How to Remove Bottom Drain Screen From Roper Dishwasher
- How to Replace the Evaporator Fan in a Sears Kenmore Elite Refrigerator
- How to Identify a Honeywell Thermostat
- How to Reset a Refrigerator's Defrost Control on a GE Monogram
- My Kenmore Window Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling
- How to Clean Aprilaire Filters