How to Clean a Lumipure Air Cleaner
The Lumipure air cleaner is designed with an electrostatic filter that attracts particles floating in the air. The slim and uncomplicated design of the air cleaner makes the system easy to use and clean. The filter never needs to be replaced and is easy to recognize because it is the only removable piece in the unit. Cleaning the filter takes only a few minutes. You'll be rewarded with clean and odor-free air.
Locate the latch at the top of the unit. Release and lift the latch that secures the permanent filter inside the unit. Remove the filter from the unit.
Wipe the filter with a clean, damp cloth to remove the gray or black film that collects there. Wipe the filter with a dry cloth to remove any dampness.
Slide the filter back into the slot. The latch will automatically click into place.
- Clean the filter weekly or as needed. Some air cleaners may need cleaning more often if there is a smoker or wood-burning fireplace in the home.
- Clean the outside of the unit with a damp cloth.
Emma Lee owns a photography website and also works as a freelance writer specializing in home improvement, animals and photography. Her work can be found on various websites. Lee attended Charles County Community College located in Maryland.
- How to Clean an Air Filter in a Weedeater
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Clean The Pump Filter on a GE Front Loading Washing Machine
- How to Reset a Bissell PowerForce Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Remove Spray Foam From Paint
- How to Troubleshoot York Air Conditioners