- Examine if there's a problem with the filter. If the machine isn't draining, spinning or agitating, the washer pump filter may be clogged, and you should clean the pump filter. Other giveaways that the filter may need cleaning include the washer performing an incomplete cycle, the timer not advancing or the washer just not running
- Open the pump access door with a coin. Remove the pump filter by turning it counterclockwise and pulling it out.
- Clean the filter with your fingernails, removing all loose debris. Wash the filter under running water until it is clean.
- Replace the filter. Insert it back into its housing, turn it clockwise and close the door.
- Other filters you can clean include the water valve screens. You'll find them in the water connection hoses. Use a brush or toothpick to clean them. Clean them if water enters the washer slowly or not at all.