How to Remove a Filter From a Maytag Dishwasher
Removing the filter from a Maytag dishwasher is a fairly simple process that can be completed in about 30 minutes. Maytag dishwashers use special Torx screws in the washer arm assembly and have a primary and secondary filter that can be removed by undoing just a few screws and taking the assembly apart.
You can remove the filter from the dishwasher yourself and save the time and expense of calling a repairman to remove it for you.
Things You Will Need
- Torx screwdriver
Always turn off the power to the Maytag dishwasher at the breaker switch before attempting to remove the filter.
Locate the breaker box and turn off the breaker switch that runs the Maytag dishwasher before attempting to remove the filter.
Open the door of the dishwasher and use a screwdriver to pry the wash arm cap from the top of the spray arms in the center of the appliance.
Take the wash arm cap off the spray arms and remove the two spray arms by using a Torx screwdriver to unfasten the Torx screw in the top of the spray arms.
Lift the filter guard from the top of the assembly by hand and locate the jump-up nozzle that is sitting below the filter guard.
Remove the jump-up nozzle by hand and find the six Torx screws that are holding the secondary pump filter onto the housing assembly.
Unfasten the six Torx screws with the Torx screwdriver and remove the pump housing assembly.
Lift off by hand the secondary pump filter that was sitting under the pump housing assembly and remove the primary filter by hand that is below the secondary filter.
The Drip Cap
- Removing the filter from a Maytag dishwasher is a fairly simple process that can be completed in about 30 minutes.
- You can remove the filter from the dishwasher yourself and save the time and expense of calling a repairman to remove it for you.
- Lift the filter guard from the top of the assembly by hand and locate the jump-up nozzle that is sitting below the filter guard.
Carl Pruit has been a freelance writer since 2005, specializing in service journalism and travel. His work has appeared on various websites. Born and raised in California, Pruit attended Contra Costa Community College in San Pablo, Calif. and received an associate degree in the administration of justice.
- How to Wash a Non-Washable HEPA Filter
- How to Remove the Drain Filter in a GE Monogram Dishwasher
- How to Remove Bottom Drain Screen From Roper Dishwasher
- How to Reactivate a Charcoal Filter
- How do I Remove a Filter From a Maytag Dishwasher MDB-8?
- How to Clean The Pump Filter on a GE Front Loading Washing Machine