Fungus Growing in My House
One of the last things you want to find lurking in a corner of your home is fungus. Mold in homes is a common problem and one that should be addressed to avoid the possibility of health problems in your family.
Molds are a fungus often found growing inside homes. Common house molds include Alternaria, Cladosporium, Penicillium and Aspergillus. You might find mold growing damp areas of your home with poor air circulation, like bathrooms and basements.
Mold growing in your home is unsightly. It has an unpleasant, musty odor. If a member of your household is sensitive to mold, he could experience symptoms like eye and skin irritation. Mold exposure can cause respiratory problems like wheezing, coughing and asthma attacks.
If mold is growing in a small, concentrated area of your home, you can remove it. While wearing gloves and a mask, clean the mold away with a solution of 1/2 cup bleach in a gallon of water. If fungus growth is systemic throughout out your home, contact a mold removal specialist.