How to Reset a Whirlpool Duet Washer With Water Inside
If you've accidentally set your Whirlpool Duet washer to the wrong wash setting or temperature, you can restart the machine even if there is water in the washer. The Whirlpool Duet has a manual drain feature that allows you to cancel the current cleaning cycle and remove all water from the machine's drum. Once drained, the door automatically unlocks and allows you to change your cleaning settings to a different option.
Push "Pause/Cancel" twice on the Whirlpool Duet's control panel, and press "Power."
Push "Drain/Spin" and hold "Start" for one second to have the water drain from the washer.
Wait for all of the water to drain out the machine and remove the clothing from the washer. Turn the washer's knob to the desired wash cycle and temperature.
Pull open the dispenser drawer on the front of the Duet washer and pour the liquid detergent into the compartment labeled "Main wash" until it fills the compartment's line.
Close the dispenser drawer and push "Start" to begin the new wash cycle.
- Ryan McVay/Photodisc/Getty Images
- How to Replace the Agitator Shaft on a GE Hydrowave Washing Machine
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Replace a Door Seal on the Kenmore HE2 Plus Washer
- How to Troubleshoot Bosch Nexxt 500 Washing Machine
- How to Winterize a Sears Front Load Washer