How to Check Filter Lights on LG TROMM Dryers
LG TROMM brand dryers come with several indicator lights across the top of the control panel that inform the user when the appliance is drying, cooling or running the wrinkle care cycle. The "Check Filter" light automatically flashes for a few seconds when the dryer is first turned on to remind the user to empty the lint trap; it goes off once the cycle begins. To keep your appliance running safely and efficiently, you should regularly clean the filter in one of several ways.
Open the dryer door, and locate the filter screen in its slot in the bottom of the door frame. Pinch the top, and pull the filter up and out.
Wipe the accumulated lint into a ball with your fingers, and discard it. You should do this at the start of every cycle.
Vacuum out any stubborn pieces of lint with a vacuum cleaner. You might find it easier to use a vacuum cleaner instead of your fingers at the start of each cycle.
Wash the filter in a sink of warm soapy water every few months to remove any laundry soap residue that might have accumulated on the screen. Thoroughly dry the filter with a cloth, then return it to the dryer.
Things You Will Need
- Vacuum cleaner (optional)
- The "Check Filter" light flashes whether you clean the filter or not. It simply serves as a reminder to keep your dryer clean. There is no sensor that detects the level of lint in the dryer.
- How to Clean the Vent on an Amana Radarange Microwave Model MVH210W
- Troubleshooting a Maytag Dryer That Is Producing No Heat
- How to Replace the Light Bulb in a GE Dryer
- How do I Change the Filter in a Janitrol Pacesetter Gas Furnace?
- How to Get Perfume Out of Clothes
- How to Clean the Water Filter in a Frigidaire Washer & Dryer