How to Replace a Cold Water Valve On a Fisher & Paykel Washing Machine
The cold water valve on a Fisher & Paykel washing machine controls how much cold water enters your machine during washes. If the valve is faulty -- it doesn’t add cold water when it should or it’s leaking all the time -- you can replace it with a new cold water valve. In order to reach the cold water inlet valve, you have to remove the top of the washer's control panel and remove the old cold water valve.
Unplug the washer from its power source and turn off the water running to the washer.
Loosen the screws on the sides of the Fisher & Paykel washing machine control panel. Lift the panel from the washing machine.
Locate the cold water inlet valve on the far left-hand side of the washer. Use a wrench to loosen the nut around the neck of the valve. Remove the valve from the washing machine.
Place the new cold water valve into place and tighten the nut around its neck. Put the control panel over the top of the machine and screw it in.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- How to Remove the Drum From a Maytag Washing Machine
- How to Fix an Outside Water Faucet That Leaks
- How to Hook the Refrigerator Water to a Washing Machine Connection
- How to Troubleshoot a Kohler Shower Valve Problem
- How to Fix Dripping Outdoor Faucet Valves
- How to Clean Mineral Deposits on Stainless Steel Pans