- Move and store propane tanks in an upright position.
- Keep the tank outside - never store it in the house or basement or near open flame.
- Be on the lookout for leaks. If you smell gas, don't use the tank. Have it serviced immediately.
- Read all instructions and warnings provided by the manufacturer of the propane appliance before use.
- Avoid letting the tank run out completely. You want to maintain some pressure in the tank at all times.
- Turn off control valves on the appliance and the shut-off valve on the tank when you're done using the gas.
- Take the tank in for repair or replacement if you notice dents, rust or bubbles (blown-out areas) on the surface.
Things You Will Need
- Gas Grills
- Torch Kits
- Always light the flame before turning on the gas.